Wednesday, March 08, 2006

What Have We Been Up To??


Well We've been around. We went to Alberta and helped out at a youth conference that some of our old youth put on in Slave Lake. Of course that meant we got to spend some time with family which is always good. We got back and headed right into a couple of conferences. We lead worship at Timeout which is a relationship first conference for next generation leaders. Then I was a presenter at our denomination's Conference On The Ministry. I got to talk about our downtown ministry and how life looks different for us.

Tonight I'm sitting at home and reflecting on the last 2 weeks. I'm not really awake enough to draw too many conclusions but here's a couple:
1. God's only measure of success is faithfulness.
2. The church needs to embrace it's community and investigate other ways of "GO"ing.
3. We are so blessed with great friends.

2 comments:

jeremy postal said...

Paul, you made this following comment in your workshop a couple of times >> I wonder if you could unpack it a little bit for me.

"When you start something new you measure sucess differently."

Jesse said...

Hey Paul and Wanda, I want to say thanks again for all your encouragment, and for sharing your story!

I totally resonated with the feelings that "all I can do is pastor". I've felt that a lot in the last while, especially when other work hasn't worked out. However, I know that I just need to find something that lines up with my giftings, abilities, and passions!

I can't wait to see what it looks like when more and more of your dreams take shape!