Thursday, July 20, 2006

The Big News REVEALED!!!

OK well I guess there are 2 things:

1.
I made a fantastic Mango Lime Chile Sauce to go with our barbequed salmon last night. I'm really coming along in my cooking skills, especially if I get to try something exotic.

2.
OK OK Here's the real big news. Wanda and I have decided to take the plunge and register with an adoption agency for the purpose of adopting a child. Many of you will already know the journey we've been on for the last 9 years (not a typo) trying to get pregnant. We feel the time is right to adopt. Waiting until today to tell you was because yesterday was our first appointment at the adoption agency. The process is that we'll have a home study done (which takes three months) and then we'll wait up to 1 1/2 years for a baby.

Another exciting part is that this agency specializes in adoptions from China. There is a strong likelihood we will adopt a girl from China. To tell you why China is a good fit for us would take a while so if I actually see any of you in person I'll explain it. We'll have to travel there to pick her up but they have an incredibly organized program and it's almost like having a short holiday in China and picking up your new child at the same time (that might be a little crude but these people really know what they're doing). I can't really tell you how excited I am right now. Even talking (writing) about it gets me to another level of glee. Please pray for our future child.

Think about this; if we adopt from China, our baby may be in her mommy's tummy right now. And the crazy thing is that they don't even want her. I promise to update the blog everytime we have something new to tell regarding this process. Our first and next step is to fill out the application (done) and send in the first cheque to start the home study. The home study is what freaks me out the most because it can feel quite invasive from what I've heard.

A ball park figure is that the whole process from today until we're home with our child may take anywhere from 12-16 months. Stay tuned for more.

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations guys. I am so happy for you. Adoption is a great thing. This news was definitely worth the wait.

Again conrats!!!!

Jesse said...

That is awesome!! Wow - such great news :) I pray things go smoothly - Congrats!!

Anonymous said...

WHOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA KEWLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL AWSOMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
TOTALLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
NEATOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
EXCITINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
and many other words that describe
the feelings that I am feeling right now.

The Meier's said...

Congratulations! What an amazing journey you guys will be starting. We will pray for your child and that the process will go smoothly and quickly. Your future child will be so blessed to have you guys as their parents! Keep us posted!!!!!

Stephanie said...

You guys were great...we've been thinking of you guys lately wondering if you would consider something like this. we're very excited! maybe we'll all have babies all at the same time! love you both.

Jaime said...

Congratultions you two!
That is so exciting and you will both be in our prayers along with your child!

Anonymous said...

This is such EXCITING NEWS!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to tell Chris!!!
Awe, way to go. We'll be praying for you all ;0) Praise God!

Anonymous said...

wow, guys! amazing and exciting!! what a happy news. now, in all fairness, seeing there are people like us that you won't see very soon, i think you should tell us more of the story about a little baby girl from china as you mentioned you'd tell those you will see in person. we want details of this fantastic story!! but no pressure...love you two!

Anonymous said...

Wow - that is definitely exciting news! I am sooo happy for you two. You are going to be AWESOME parents.

Rob Petkau said...

Have you seen the Simpsons episode where Marge's sister tries to adopt a girl from China? Ling-Ling. You should... very informative.

Congrats!

Lauren said...

I'M SO EXCITED FOR YOU GUYS!
Oh my goodness, that's awesome.
I'll be praying about the whole process for you guys.

Anonymous said...

Come to the Moore's Church
Awsome folks to be sure.

jeremy postal said...

Wow! That is very cool! Great news to hear!!!

Siggy Islander said...

THAT'S AWESOME! I am very, very excited for all THREE of you! We will be praying for all of you.

Katie@The Mommy Miles said...

Yay! Yay! Yay!
I am so excited for you guys,
what an exciting journey and
experience this is going to be.
Can't wait to hear all the updates!
CONGRATS TO THE MOM AND DAD TO BE!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Paul and Wanda.

Even now, God is preparing the way for the right child for you.This is really awsome.I will be praying for you .

Colleen

white girl said...

I am getting all weepy over here! And my tummy is doing flip-flops cuz I'm so excited and happy for you guys!! Weeeeeeee! A baby is coming! You are going to have a baby!!!!!!!

Delbert said...

i wish i could even understand a fraction of the joy that you two must be experiencing! honestly, i really do wish i could because i have to assume that this kind of thing is on a whole other level than anything i have ever known. congratulations!!!

Anonymous said...

So good to hear this news! We are so happy for you guys and will be praying for you and the baby all the way!
Peter & Andrea