Monday, January 08, 2007

Twice In 12 Months


Got my wallet stolen again on Monday. Someone broke into our (Starbucks) staff room and stole my new wallet, my cel phone and (incidentally) my brand new Bible that Wanda gave me for Christmas.

This time it's much more devastating because I had ALL of my ID in this wallet. This new wallet was extra big and everything except my passport was in there. When I called Visa and MC, they told me my card had been used in several drinking establishemnts within a 4 block radius of the store, and this was only 2 or 3 hours after he had taken it. I also am out a cel phone and those are a freakin' fortune to buy without a contract.

Song of the Day - Bad Day - Daniel Powter

6 comments:

white girl said...

Paul, I'm so sorry.

Anonymous said...

that sucks.

Stephanie said...

maybe it was the infamous Rodney P. Moores trying to steal your identity....or not. I hope you get everything worked out!

Anonymous said...

#$%^&. Feelin' your pain Paul.

Santosh said...

Dude - that sucks. You're not going to believe this - someone stole my wallet in a Starbucks in Saskatoon!!!

And today, Felicia and I saw a guy get arrested after stealing a bunch of stuff from the Starbucks on Beatty St.

Those places are accursed - but they make sweet coffee.

Anonymous said...

Oh dear. That's awful. I never carry a wallet anymore, partly for that very reason.