Friday, June 02, 2006

My Team Is In



At times like this I feel very poetic. I feel like expressing my inner most feelings through rhyme. And so I bring to you the first in what will be a series of poems focussing on the most poetic of all things..... THE MIGHTY EDMONTON OILERS!!!!!!



My team is in the finals
The first time in 16 years
My team is in the finals
It's enough to bring me to tears


I grew up in Gretzky's era
With Kurri and Messier too
With many a cup parade happening
Going down Whyte Avenue


It all seemed so improbable
Just a few months ago
When "the Oil" was sitting in 9th place
With only 10 games to go


So I guess the people to thank for this
Isn't the Wings the Sharks or the Ducks
But the team who choked so we could get in the playoffs
Thank you VANCOUVER CANUCKS!!!!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

WOOWOO!!!
See, you could start your poetry book with the yellow pages ode, move into this, and the people would be hooked on you. Its amazing, absolutely amazing

Anonymous said...

is Joe's Cafe still on wyte??