Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Momentum

Things stop without it. Companies and churches crave it. It often prevents change. It often speeds up change.

Much is made of momentum. I have one question..... WHY?

In 1 Samuel 8 the Israelites want a king. Even after God tells them that they don't need an earthly king because His kingdom is built in their hearts they still insist. Why?

Inherent in the word momentum is the concept of speed. "Speed Kills" it has been said. "Speed Thrills" it has been said. Which one are you?

Lately I'm believing more in TRUTH than MOMENTUM. I think momentum will always be about a race and keeping up to our competitor ("Then we will be like all the other nations.." - 1 Samuel 8:20).

I prefer truth because it causes me to rely more on something that God has determined and not something that I have envisioned. Momentum is stopped or reduced by the smallest of things. The truth isn't.

See you next week.

1 comment:

Caroline said...

Good to see you blogged again.
Who is the picture of?