Sunday, December 24, 2006

A Christmas Poem

T'was the night before Christmas
And all over my blog
I'm sitting her with
A cup of Egg Nog

Thinking of all of you
Home with your kin
Knowing your Christmas
Is soon to begin

I'm up in Alberta
With Wanda my wife
Where people live
A very different life

-10 is balmy
Snow is accepted
A blizzard is just life
Not ever rejected

And by the next picture
You'll be able to
See that transport includes
Snowmobiles too

But this is the place where
Wanda's family has roots
Even if you can go outside
Without Sorel boots

We'll be soon of to Kamloops
To see all my klan
Stay for a few days
At least that's the plan

Then off to the coast
For a New Year's Eve party
With Nick, Ben, Leanne
Robin and Darcy

And I hear that a few
Other people are coming
That we don't see to often
Won't that be something

So as I sign off tonight
I just want to say
How all of my blog friends
Brighten my day

To Postal and DMac
You guys let me vent
And if I want a good laugh
I go over to Two Cent

Carson & Simone
Always interesting stuff
Kempner and Dehoog
They don't write no fluff

So I bid you adieu
With this poem of letters
I got to go upstairs
And play me some Settlers

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas you two! Looks like you're enjoying the -10 weather. Safe travels and we'll see you guys in the new year!

Anonymous said...

To Paul and Wanda Moores
Stranded out in Oil Sand shores
Enjoy the cold weather
And stop wearing that pleather.

With New Years upon us
Don't make a weak promise
Of something bleak
That you intend to break

We're all just intergeeks
And you've hardly posted in weeks.

Merry Ho Ho
-Jer

armitagecafe.com said...

We've not given up yet on checking your blog, though there was nothing new to read in ages. And how glad we are! Otherwise, we'd have missed the beautiful original Christmas poem. Wow. Nice to hear about your great cold Holidays. Enjoy New Year's with the awesome McA's. (BTW, did our Slovak present ever make it to you? Or did Darcy keep it to HIMSELF?? Just curious whether you liked it...)
A+S+M

Paul & Wanda Moores said...

Well we got some lovely peppermint tea and some nut honey. I think both were from Slovakia so thanks for whichever one you gave us. Haven't tried the nut honey yet but the tea's fantastic.