Thursday, August 10, 2006

Book Tag

Here's a little game we can play. I'll tag a person and then they have to tag a person and so on with these questions:

1. One book that changed your life:
The Bible, Blue Like Jazz - Donald Miller

2. One book that you've read more than once:
Mere Christianity by CS Lewis

3. One book that you'd want on a desert island:
Though I've never read this 32 page long book and it is written by someone I've never heard of, I'd want this one.

4. One book that made you laugh:
Flashbang - How I Got Over Myself by Mark Steele

5. One book that made you cry:
tie - Tuesdays With Morrie by Mitch Albom - God In The Alley by Greg Paul. Actually read them back to back in Ukraine summer of 05.

6. One book that you wish you had written:
The DaVinci Code cuz that guy's stinking rich!!! OK, OK, how about Organic Church by Neil Cole

7. One book that you wish had never been written:
"Left Behind one, two, three..."

8. One book you are currently reading:
Decision Making & The Will Of God by Garry Friesen and J Robin Maxon

9. One book that you've been meaning to read:
A Generous Orthodoxy by Brian McLaren

10. One book that you wish had been written:
2nd Song Of Solomon

11. One book that you got for free:
I Am Not But I Know I Am by Louie Giglio. Read it in one sitting with a venti dark coffee in a for here mug while waiting for my oil to be changed.

12. Favorite Book this Year:
tie: The Secret Message Of Jesus by Brian McLaren, Life of Pi by Yann Martel, Hey Nostradamus by Douglas Coupland

12. Since I'm dying to know what he reads and I think he reads my blog, I'll tag the self proclaimed (although I'm not buying it for a minute) Misfit.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Game continues here

Siggy Islander said...

I love it! Had me rolling
= One book that you wish had been written: “Brown Like Jaz” – Jaz Ghag

jaz & les ghag said...

ANNOUNCEMENT:

Due to the overwhelming number of requests I am receieving for "Brown Like Jaz"

I would like to announce that I may possibly be writing this book for all of my fans.

Thank-You in advance for all of your support in this long awaited and dreamed about project of mine.

Yours sincerly,
Jaz S. Ghag

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Paul.

Anonymous said...

Interesting topic, I like it.

I am curious why you choose Left Behind as the book you wished was never written?

Paul & Wanda Moores said...

Although I think the writing is good enough, I think the books have made Christians embrace the stereotype that the world has for us.

The other thing that bugged me is that after I had read the first 5, I realized that I had bought into the commercial-ness of the series. He could have written 4 instead of 12. I felt a little used.

Anonymous said...

I have never read the Left Behind books, but the main criticism I have heard is that the authors seemed to milk everyone on the number of books.

Not saying it is right, but from a business sense writing the start of a series that sells millions would be easy money to continue as long as possible.