Monday, November 14, 2005

Deconstruction


It seems that so much of what we "construct" in our lives needs to be "deconstructed" on a regular basis. Whether it's in our relationships, at our workplace, or in our churches, we get into ruts.

We are creatures of habit, so having a routine gives us a feeling of stability. There are things in life that are static. These things are best served by routine. But there are many things in life that are constantly changing. These things need regular deconstruction.

Anything connected to culture will need regular deconstruction. Culture has evolved so much in the last 5 years let alone the last 50 years. These things include: music, art, fashion, communication and other things.

In light of my path in life, my approach to communicating my faith needs to be deconstructed. Yet there are static aspects of my faith. What Christ has done for me hasn't changed but how it applies to others does change.

Do I have the courage to ask there questions on a regular basis?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey.. i haven't talked to you guys in a while (sorry). i'm doing really well here in england - going to france for outreach in a month ! but we had a speaker here last week from langley vineyard. he's the senior pastor there.. jesse padgett. do you guys know anyone from there? just thought i'd ask cuz it was pretty random and close to home. anyway, take care !

Rebekah said...

Deconstruction - very inspirational for me on this Monday as I face life anew - what a Monday perspective!

I don't even know how I found your site. I have been blog surfing for a while this morning - looking at sites, bouncing to people who commented, bouncing to people who commented on them.

Your thoughts are great - here on your blog, where I read backwards for a while. I'm a Christian woman in new stage of life - physically and career-wise, which has caused no end of internal and external and heavenward searching. But "deconstruction" - that just says it all!

Blessings today, and thanks for sharing. Also loved the visual of the upside down church - and the name. Wow.