Thursday, September 15, 2005

Am I Dumb Enough

There seems to be this longing in the hearts of all the Christian leaders I know for more than we have seen. Part of me thinks it comes from such a disappointment in all of the "methods" or "patterns" they thought were such a cool idea coupled with a common sense knowledge that God is who He says He is. It makes me look for leadership to lead me towards this goal but there aren't a lot of them around. I guess that makes sense. If the church really is on the verge of a reformation, then there needs to be no doubt as to who the glory will go to.

I long for the day when the church is powerful for God in their communities.

I long for the day when people are just "dumb enough" to take God at His word regarding all the promises in Scripture.

I long to be so full of love that people think I might actually be from another planet.

I long to be so full of love that my wife thinks I might actually be from another planet.

PERSONALLY I long to own a coffee shop that people come back to day after day becuase "there's just something about that place and the people are really nice."

I long for the church to be a force.

1 comment:

Brian Vinson said...

I long for the same things, and I think I'm just "dumb enough" to believe that I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me, and if He wants his church in my community to be a force, that it will be. I hope you're dumb enough that your coffee shop becomes a real force as well.