Friday, August 05, 2005

A God Moment on Davie Street

I'd like to tell you what happened to me on Wednesday Night as I was walking back from the fireworks. As I was waiting for the fireworks to start, I was reading a book that a friend gave me called "God in the Alley" written by an urban pastor in Toronto. The first chapter talked about not only being Christ to others but SEEING Christ IN others. I was walking down Davie Street on my way home. The street was closed off so there were literally tens of thousands of people walking down Davie Street with me. I was listening to my iPod on shuffle. The worship song "Breathe" came on. I felt the presence of the Lord so strongly as I heard the words "And I, I'm desperate for You. And I, I'm lost without You". As I hear these words singing in my ears I look to my left and there is a homeless man begging for change. I look to my right and there are two men walking hand in hand. Walking towards me against the flow of people is a girl wearing next to nothing arm in arm with her tattooed "Macho Image" boyfriend. I began to see Jesus in their faces. I felt like heaven and earth were intersecting and it was (honestly) a little too much for my senses to take. I began to cry as I walked down Davie Street with at least 30000 people. There is so much mission to do in Vancouver. Wanda and I are there for a very important task. I want to reach my city more than ever. Hope this story gives you a glimpse into my heart and stirs your own heart for your mission field.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Imgaine a warm Aug 20 2005 eveing at the P.N.E. A fair that has been getting lamer and lamer,
however this year it does cost a little more cause they have brought back some of the things
that all have come to love and know. Well anyway this is not what all the excitment is all about,
the excitment was that for fair admission you got to rock with Lover Boy that some of you may
or not may not remember. The Moon was low in the East and The Band after 25 yrs away from
thier home town of Vancouver came to rock the night away for an hour and 15 mins with all your
favorites like "The Kid is Hot Tonight" "Everybody's working for the Weekend" and many other
hits that brings back to some good memories. This outdoor concert had Great Bass solos and
great drumming as well, not bad for some old rockers huh huh huh!!!!!!!!!!!!. Well anyway
Rock On My Children and catch you on the Flip side as they used to say.

Anonymous said...

My Prayers go out to Paul and Wanda and the Team in the UkCrane